Step into the Next Generation
Are you designing for:
Autonomous Cars? Smart City? Industrial Automation? High-Speed Broadband?
5G Use Cases
Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB)
The first step in 5G is to take what we currently have and make it better: faster data rates and improved capacity for enhanced user experience, reduce latency & improve connectivity to ensure service whether in urban or rural areas, in crowded venues or moving vehicles.
- High speed internet access
- Improved broadband connectivity
- 3D 4K video streaming and gaming
- Higher capacity for broadband access in densely populated areas, stadiums and city centers
- Ultimately enable VR and AR, real time video monitoring, 360 degree video
Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications (URLLC)
Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency communication provides reliability and seamlessness that cannot be achieved with 4G or WiFi, improving safety and taking Mission Critical Communications to the next level. With successful implementation of URLLC the future is near, making self-driving cars, remote surgeries and completely immersive VR/AR experiences very real
- Industrial automation/smart factory
- Remote healthcare
- Autonomous driving
- Cloud based AR/VR
- Improved safety in Smart Grid electrical distribution
Massive Machine Type Communications (mMTC)
5G provides the opportunity for the internet of things to expand beyond consumer use. A growing IoT for applications in healthcare, transportation, utilities, energy etc require the reliable, high capacity, low latency and scalable networks of 5G, enabling a massive IoT and further autonomizing machine-to-machine communication
- Smart City
- Connected vehicles
- Smart agriculture
- Smart Metering
- Asset monitoring
5G System Types
5G System Types
- Apply any FR1 or FR2 requirements for your spectrum, bandwidth, Subcarrier Spacing (SCS) and MIMO configurations to provide 5G analysis in rural, urban and mixed service areas
Full support of Low (limited capacity with large coverage area), Mid (urban deployments with increased capacity) & High-bands (limited coverage and potential for high capacity): 0.4 to 100 GHz
Support for flexible operating bandwidth
Model 5G defined SCS per frequency band
5G empirical propagation models
- Compliance with 3GPP 5GNR standards (series 38) and use cases from IMT-2020
- Support for 5G Adaptive Modulation + customizable AMOD table
Vendor agnostic support for MIMO and Massive MIMO equipment + customizable MIMO parameters for real world considerations.
- Model patterns in directional antennas to minimize interference
- Ensure reliability standards and latency requirements in various traffic scenarios
- Model antenna arrays to ensure high capacity under all 5G bandwidths
5G quality KPI measures only the reference signals corresponding to SS/PBCH blocks. 5G RSRP differs from LTE in that the NR uses the SS/PBCH Block rather than CRS (as LTE).
- Receive Signal at Remote
KPI to calculate power for a single subcarrier at receiver per individual link budget
- Single Channel Throughput Uplink
Calculate maximum throughput on the Uplink for a given number of aggregated carriers in a band or band combination.
- Single Channel Throughput Downlink
Measure the maximum throughput on the downlink data rate for a given number of aggregated carriers in a band or band combination.
With the high frequencies used in 5G NR , precision planning and highly accurate data is required to take into account land use, clutter height and buildings that may affect service, latency and capacity. EDX provides a wide-variety of custom databases for any location on Earth.
Get high-resolution data you need for any service area without having to spend time researching and sourcing data.
EDX provides all the data needed to accurately model service areas of any size for any region in the world.
A variety of custom databases can be provided based on your application and needs, for short and long term projects
- Clutter data up to 1m resolution
- 2.5D Clutter Heights
- 3D building and vegetation polygons
Cirrus licensing provides project based licensing for flexibility of use. With a variety of ways to license the software, find the solution that best fits your needs from short term opportunities and RFP responses, to long-term needs
EDX 5G Design Module
Download the EDX 5G Design Module brochure and learn about the features of this solution
Access the 5G Design in EDX solution brief and learn how this solution will help you prepare and win opportunities in this emerging market
5G Primer Whitepaper
Read the 5G primer whitepaper and learn what to expect as we move forward with 5G deployments
Edx and 5G
Learn what high-resolution, clutter height data can provide for you as you prepare for 5G and other high-frequency opportunities
Ready to take your planning to the next level?
Based on industry standards and enhanced with customizable features and automated processes, EDX is built to support 5G NR networks in any stage of the system life cycle and ensure you meet performance and budgetary requirements. Schedule a demo to see how EDX tools will change the way you plan 5G NR and more.