City wide. Millions of devices. Solving complex problems for complex networks.
Are you designing for:
AMI Distribution Automation Small Cell Smart City Mesh
The Industry Standard Design Tool
Distribution Automation is a vital component of the Smart Grid that improves reliability and operating efficiency while ensuring customers receive continual service.
As the world transitions to Smart City, anything is a potential device.
Meter deployments range in scope from thousands of devices up to millions and are deployed in a variety of service areas.
A properly dimensioned Smart Grid network adds a higher-level of efficiency to utility operations.
Wireless Mesh Tools
Mesh-Aware Auto Placement
Save Time & Money
- Eliminate the need to re-run studies comparing alternative designs and large Mesh design in hours rather than days.
- Automatic placement features determine the location of assets based on towers/poles, street vector data, and terrain considerations.
- Gateway/Backhaul locations are determined based on mesh connectivity, capacity, and relative site costs.
- Real-Time Repeater Selection tool calculates connectivity in real time based on cursor location.
Sell Your Solution
- Create reports and coverage performance diagrams and export to industry standard GIS tools and third-party software.
- Export prediction results for every mesh node and display on map with flexible, user-configurable display options.
- Produce metrics displaying redundancy and latency for every device in the network including nodes, repeaters and subscriber units.
- Export study results to Google KMZ format to share coverage analysis with customers and colleagues.
Meet Performance & Budgetary Requirements
- Ensure network redundancy and find latency issues by identifying points of failure in Mesh (cut nodes) and providing repeaters to enhance redundancy.
- High-resolution data allows engineers to create an accurate model of any service area, and design a network that contains the appropriate number of devices.
- Independent connection rules for each device type ensures a properly balanced network.
- Support for leaf nodes and Adaptive Modulation, showing connection metrics at each modulation level.
- Find the number of backhaul locations each subscriber can hop to and automatically relocate hardware to ensure redundancy as needed.
How EDX Help an Utility Company Save Over $300K
Download this case study to learn how EDX’s solution saved a large utility over $300K on a large Smart-Grid AMI deployment
Save Time and Money on Your Mesh Networks
Download the Mesh Design product brochure and learn about the automated features designed to save you time and money on all your mesh networks
EDX & Smart Grids / Smart Meters
EDX is continuing to innovate in the Smart Grid/Smart Meter space. Learn about the latest features for the design, deployment and optimization of these networks
Ready to take your planning to the next level?
Get a personalized product walk-through and learn how to leverage the EDX ecosystem to plan and optimize your network today.