City wide. Millions of devices. Solving complex problems for complex networks.
Are you designing for:
AMI Distribution Automation Small Cell Smart City Mesh
The Industry Standard Design Tool
Distribution Automation is a vital component of the Smart Grid that improves reliability and operating efficiency while ensuring customers receive continual service.
As the world transitions to Smart City, anything is a potential device.
Meter deployments range in scope from thousands of devices up to millions and are deployed in a variety of service areas.
A properly dimensioned Smart Grid network adds a higher-level of efficiency to utility operations.
Mesh-Aware Auto Placement
Save Time & Money
- Eliminate the need to re-run studies comparing alternative designs and large Mesh design in hours rather than days.
- Automatic placement features determine the location of assets based on towers/poles, street vector data, and terrain considerations.
- Gateway/Backhaul locations are determined based on mesh connectivity, capacity, and relative site costs.
- Real-Time Repeater Selection tool calculates connectivity in real time based on cursor location.
Sell Your Solution
- Create reports and coverage performance diagrams and export to industry standard GIS tools and third-party software.
- Export prediction results for every mesh node and display on map with flexible, user-configurable display options.
- Produce metrics displaying redundancy and latency for every device in the network including nodes, repeaters and subscriber units.
- Export study results to Google KMZ format to share coverage analysis with customers and colleagues.
Meet Performance & Budgetary Requirements
- Ensure network redundancy and find latency issues by identifying points of failure in Mesh (cut nodes) and providing repeaters to enhance redundancy.
- High-resolution data allows engineers to create an accurate model of any service area, and design a network that contains the appropriate number of devices.
- Independent connection rules for each device type ensures a properly balanced network.
- Support for leaf nodes and Adaptive Modulation, showing connection metrics at each modulation level.
- Find the number of backhaul locations each subscriber can hop to and automatically relocate hardware to ensure redundancy as needed.
Ready to take your planning to the next level?
Get a personalized product walk-through and learn how to leverage the EDX ecosystem to plan and optimize your network today.