The LTE Design Module includes more than 20 area studies specific to LTE design including CQI, adaptive modulation data rate, RSRP/RSRQ, uplink C/(I+N) and much more. With these capabilities, combined with powerful automatic channel and PCI assignment tools, high-performance LTE systems can be easily planned and analyzed using SignalPro with the LTE Design Module.
Specialized Area-Wide Studies
In addition to the studies in SignalPro, the LTE Design Module offers LTE-specific studies for mobile and nomadic systems:
- LTE RSRP and RSRQ
- Uplink (SC-FDMA) & Downlink (OFDMA) Adaptive Modulation Data Rate
- Uplink and downlink LTE Modulation and CQI Regions
- LTE uplink C/(I+N) using Stochastic and Monte Carlo simulations
- UE power when using power control
- Fractional frequency reuse (FFR) R1/R3 zones
- Inter-eNodeB and Inter-RAT handoff regions
- Number of ICIC suppressed interferers
Automatically calculate traffic loading on individual sectors based on defined service areas and a selection of multiple service types.
LTE PCI (Cell ID and Cell Group ID) Planning
User-programmable LTE Physical Cell ID (PCI) naming conventions provide either automatic or manual assignment for correlation with other KPI and network measurement evaluative data.
Neighbor list calculations are included and can be based on received power most likely servers or best channel most likely server (interference sensitive).
Automatic Frequency Planning
Perform demand-based automatic frequency planning with included channel plan templates or imported channel plans. Automatic frequency planning assigns high traffic demand sectors based on calculated or measured traffic data and can be done to all, or a selected group of sectors.
Several system characteristics are considered in order to address capacity analysis for multiple service levels and scheduling techniques.
LTE Fixed Multipoint Design
The LTE Design Module contains a feature set for the design of the backhaul (point-to-multipoint) common in these types of systems. This feature adds the ability to perform real-world point-to-multipoint analysis with hub stations serving a set of Customer Premise Equipment (CPE), each with independently defined RF parameters and geographic locations.
- Complete link characterization with median signal strength, availability, data rate, Fresnel zone clearance and other studies with each link
- Uplink interference and data rate studies
- Automatic serving hub and channel assignments
- Ability to display study results in thematic maps or tables
- Display link path from CPE to hub with link study details