This platform allows engineers to determine cell site location, analyze system capacity and gauge system evolution with changing traffic patterns. Included are specialized area studies and advanced network planning features such as traffic loading analysis, automatic system layout, automatic frequency planning and more. The Mobile/Cellular Module also supports the planning of Positive Train Control (PTC) systems for a complete network planning tool.
Specialized Area-Wide Studies
In addition to the studies found in SignalPro, the Mobile and Cellular Module offers technology-specific studies for mobile and cellular, nomadic and WCDMA/UMTS:
- Best and second best server based on pilot Ec/Io or traffic
- Uplink and downlink Eb/No
- Uplink BER
- Uplink mobile (UE) power
- Uplink and downlink available data rates based on channel quality and Eb/No
- Blocking rate with predicted or measured traffic
- Sector scrambling conflict analysis (Signal ration & time delay)
- Automatic neighbor list generation
- Automatic frequency planning
- Automatic PN offset (scrambling code) assignment
- Handoff regions (hard, soft, soft + softer, 3-way to 6-way soft)
- EDGE maximum mobile data rate
- AMR code rate
- Probability of achieving traffic demand
The Mobile and Cellular Module contains an advanced feature set for the design of multipoint systems. The included studies provide simultaneous uplink/downlink evaluations across multiple technologies:
- Received signal levels downlink and uplink for each CPE
- Independent interference calculations for both uplink and downlink paths
- Link availability analysis for each CPE, both downlink and uplink.
- C/(I+N) using channel plan
- Best server based on best channel (area-wide study)
- Adaptive modulation performance
- BER analysis
Monte Carlo Analysis
A CDMA Monte Carlo analysis determines loading and performance.
Calculate traffic loading on individual sectors based on real service areas and a selection of multiple service types.
Automatic System Layout
Automatically lay out your cell sites within the system using criteria such as fixed hexagon grids with adjustable cell service radius.
Automatic Frequency Planning
EDX’s simulated annealing algorithm provides for optimum channel assignments. For complete flexibility, frequency planning can be done to all sectors, or a selected group of sectors.
PTC Network Design
Included in the Mobile and Cellular Module is functionality for Positive Train Control Design
- Route Studies: Allows for communication networks to be designed specifically for transportation corridors of interest.
- Neighbor List prediction: Using a defined study route, neighbor cells are predicted and added to each PTC sector’s neighbor list.
- Automatic Frequency Planning: Using a defined study route, channels can be assigned to each transmitter in a selected group.