The WiMAX Module includes specialized area studies such as Uplink & Downlink Adaptive Modulation Data Rate, C/(I+N) based on strongest server, Average and Maximum Uplink and much more. The automatic frequency planning, traffic loading and capacity analysis, along with other advanced network planning features, make the WiMAX Module ideal for all stages of system design from initial deployment through network maturity.
Specialized Area-Wide Studies
In addition to the studies in SignalPro, the WiMAX Design Module offers technology-specific studies for mobile and fixed networks:
- Uplink and Downlink Adaptive Modulation Data Rate
- Uplink and Downlink WiMAX OFDMA Modulation Regions
- WiMAX average and maximum uplink C/(I+N)
- C/(I+N) based on strongest server or best channel
- Handoff regions
Preamble Code Planning
Automatic preamble code planning assigns ID codes to each selected sector, taking into account the potential for interference.
Automatic Frequency Planning
Perform demand-based automatic frequency planning with the included channel plan templates or imported channel plans. EDX’s annealing algorithm provides optimum channel assignment and frequency planning can be performed for all, or selected sectors.
Neighbor list calculations are based on received power most likely servers (up to the third), best channel most likely server (interference sensitive), channel plans and handoff criteria.
Automatically calculate traffic loading on individual sectors based on real service areas and a selection of multiple service types.
Several system characteristics are considered in order to address capacity analysis for multiple service levels and scheduling techniques.
The WiMAX Module contains an advanced feature set for the design of fixed WiMAX multipoint systems. Multipoint design capabilities include automatic serving hub and channel assignment and support an extensive range of studies including:
- Received signal levels downlink and uplink for each CPE
- Interference levels at Base and CPE receiver fade margins downlink and uplink for each CPE
- Link availability analysis for each CPE, both downlink and uplink
- Minimum CPE antenna height for LOS
- Downlink and uplink C/(I+N)
- Downlink and uplink adaptive modulation data rate