EDX SignalPro/Signal & The Cirrus Platform
New product build – Release 10.0.3
NEW FEATURES / ENHANCEMENTS / UPDATES
- Multi-Serial Login – To Improve user experience, we have added a new GUI for selecting a license. Making it easier to switch between multiple licenses in cases where a user has multiple licenses for various module needs. This new GUI will be presented after login. A detailed explanation and a “how to” can be found on the support portal
- Uplink Study Reverse Value; The Link study has been enhanced to provide the uplink reverse value in the link study dialog. This has been fixed to show the reverse pathloss with the correct starting point.
Please Note this enhancement is under the EAP flag, it is scheduled to be fixed in 2 phases. This first phase is the numerical fix and the second fix will be fixing the GUI to match the results
BUG FIXES / OTHER
- The Meter Types File Disappearing Unexpectedly; There was an issue where the master meters List file for meters was deleted when no modulation layers were added to the mesh project. This has now been fixed
- Number of Remotes threshold bug; It was discovered when running the “Number of Sites with Power above Threshold” area study, the threshold value was not being included when calculating the study. This is now fixed. See images below.
-70dBm -90dBm -120dBm
- Unable to Create Sample points file within the Mesh Module; There was an issue with creating the sample points file with certain frequencies when using the Hata Model, this has been fixed
- Unable to “Run Mesh Studies” in the Mesh Module; The studies would not run for cells with unexpected characters in the naming. Now a warning message will appear to alert the user of unexpected characters
- Error with Interference Contour Study; The Interference Contour Study was failing and crashing. This has now been fixed, the issue was found with area studies using the GOR calculation method.
- Mesh Project not opening; There was a problem with the map layers, in particular the meters map layer, that was causing the program to crash. Once the Meters file was fixed, the issue was resolved
- Login: email addresses are case sensitive; In the login system the email addresses were case sensitive and they should not be, this has been fixed
EARLY ACCESS FEATURES (to enable please contact EDX technical support)
- Cirrus Platform-The new platform provides sophisticated cloud computing for a highly scalable, elastic and significantly faster experience than that of traditional desktop applications. The platform provides many features for streamlining and optimization network designs such as the “replay” function, allowing many studies with different settings simultaneously as well as the ability to compute large regions in a single run, eliminating the need to reset study grids and run multiple studies for one service area.
- Map Download & Sync-This new feature is a lightweight interactive map enabling users to select the region/area of interest inside of SignalPro and automatically download terrain/clutter data from our geospatial hosting service. Save time by no longer having to source, download or convert data from a third party application.
- Clutter Attenuation Files – New attenuation files provided with the Cirrus data service provides values for urban, suburban and rural areas with average heights across these various service areas. This provides a higher level of detail and saves engineering time spent on the backend tuning height values for clutter categories.
- Uplink Study Reverse Value; The Link study has been enhanced to provide the uplink reverse value in the link study dialog. This has been fixed to show the reverse pathloss with the correct starting point. This feature is scheduled to be fixed in 2 phases. This first phase is the numerical fix and the second fix will be fixing the GUI to match the results
TRAINING & SUPPORT
The following articles have been published to the Customer Support portal this month:
- Multi-Serial Number Login Feature
- Licensing Scenarios