New product build – Release 24933
NEW FEATURES / ENHANCEMENTS / UPDATES
- LTE-PRO Module; EDX Wireless are happy to announce our new and improved LTE module “LTE-PRO”. From release 9 to release 13 there have been several enhancements to LTE bringing to the industry LTE-A and LTE-A Pro. Setting the foundations to the 5G networks.
- LTE-PRO module adheres to the latter releases and will allow users to model and plan their network allowing for:
- High Data Rates
- Carrier Aggregation
- Use of unlicensed bands
- Increase and flexible modulation schemes
- The feature set includes
- New LTE-PRO menu option
- New Sub Menu for LTE-PRO system types
- RAN Node LTE-Pro Tab
- New RAN-NODE workbook with the following;
- Per sector settings
- Per site setting
- Carrier Aggregation
- CQI- UL and Dl
- TDD Submenu.
- TDD Frame and pattern
- New Studies, including;
- UL and DL Throughput
- Max CA throughput
- Max number of CA per UE
- Heat map of different UE CA capabilities
New Menu for LTE-Pro
New System types GUI
Here the user is able to select the system profile, SCS, Bandwidth and Cyclic prefix as per 3GPP standards
Addition and updates to CQI table
The CQI Table can be selected to define the CQI to be used and customize as needed. Allowing the user LTE-A PRO modulation schemes
In the GUI you can select the TDD Parameters.
The TDD frame is defined to understand how the signal is carried in the slots of the frame.
In LTE there is a predefined set of TDD frames from 0-7 which can be selected OR user is able to add their own frame.
New Workbook in RAN NODE
To enable the best user experience a new workbook is provided to set up the LTE-Pro network. This will allow per site/sector settings.
Thus, allowing the user to plan the network for the different scenarios and deployment cases.
Each cluster rollout and deployment vary on area, demographics, equipment and use case. Whether small cell urban to large macro in suburban each sectors needs to be modeled with the correct setting emulating the field for the most accurate design
The excel includes the following tabs
- CQI- UL
- TDD frame
LTE MIMO UL & DL Configuration
The MIMO table is now fully customizable for all vendor equipment scenarios.
As we see the growth and investment in smart antennas for the latest technology trends, we are also adapting to these changes.
As such we allow the user to define their own MIMO configurations for the antennas and UL/DL parameters
CA studies for aggregation throughput
New CA studies for the aggregated throughput received by UEs at the location they are in. This provides the throughput received at CA conditions for the UEs with CA capabilities
CA on UE GUI
Each UE has its own unique capabilities, dependent on the vendor. One of which is the Carrier aggregation it can work on.
To emulate real network conditions, we have added the CA capabilities on UE devices. Found under the mobile unit, a new entry where user can add the CA combos supported for that UE, for example the CA for Iphone 10 and CA for Samsung S20 in USA vs Asia
Studies for different UE types on CA
New studies have been added to show the different UE types and their CA coverage. This study will provide information of which UEs are able to receive CA in the right condition for higher data rates and which UEs have a better CA coverage over the other.
In the study details user can select the different UE types and new studies to run the heat map comparison
- Kilometers to Meters Enhancements – Throughout SignalPro users are now able to use meters rather than km. This has been implemented
- Study Grid dialog
- Study Sector dialog found in the Tx/Site/Hub site details dialog
- Link Details dialog
- Study grid point spacing
- Sector spreadsheet editor (sector study point spacing)
- Link spreadsheet editor (study point spacing) –
- The Route Study dialog
- Map Download & Sync-This new feature is a lightweight interactive map enabling users to select the region/area of interest inside of SignalPro and automatically download terrain/clutter data from our geospatial hosting service. Save time by no longer having to source, download or convert data from a third party application.
- We have Hybrid data and 30m global available
- Clutter Attenuation Files – New attenuation files provided with the Cirrus data service provides values for urban, suburban and rural areas with average heights across these various service areas. This provides a higher level of detail and saves engineering time spent on the backend tuning height values for clutter categories.
- Terrain color levels- We have enhanced the terrain color levels to leverage a ranged level of the color dialog. This includes the minimum value that user can set in their defined levels.
BUG FIXES / OTHER
- Error with antivirus after 11.0.3 update- It was found that antivirus programs were preventing SignalPro from launching. We have added a fix and users are able to use SignalPro
- Browse crashes if no directory name provided in point query GUI; If no directory is defined for the ZIP directory the program crashed, this is now resolved
- Custom Model is throwing an error in mesh- It was found the custom propagation model was giving an error, this is now resolved
- The project tree does not always update after importing new sites via spreadsheet editor– this is now resolved
EARLY ACCESS FEATURES (to enable please contact EDX technical support)
- Cirrus Platform-The new platform provides sophisticated cloud computing for a highly scalable, elastic and significantly faster experience than that of traditional desktop applications. The platform provides many features for streamlining and optimization network designs such as the “replay” function, allowing many studies with different settings simultaneously as well as the ability to compute large regions in a single run, eliminating the need to reset study grids and run multiple studies for one service area. .
TRAINING & SUPPORT
The following articles have been published to the Customer Support portal this month:
- How to Setup a Simple Mesh Project
- Hardware Key Operations for Distributors
- Display Multiple Sites at the Same Location
- FCC Broadcast Contours
- SignalPro will not Launch
- Licensing Scenarios
- Antivirus Software Notice