New product build – Release 24910
NEW FEATURES / ENHANCEMENTS / UPDATES
- 5G Q2 Feature Set. In continuing our 5G Module launch we have released a number of features, which include user flexibility for setting up a link budget, with fully customizable settings for any equipment vendor or user scenarios. A new workbook has been added to allow per sector settings to fit in any deployment case. In addition we are very proud to announce the addition of Carrier Aggregation where users can model the gNodeB, cells and UEs with the CA combos as per operator or vendor specifications.
- The Feature list as follows;
- Addition and updates to CQI table
- We have revamped CQI table to have the flexibility to be vendor agnostic
- This table has been enhanced with the new columns.
- Active selection
- MCS name
- Modulation Region
- Modulation Efficiency
- PA Power Backoff Fully customizable, ability to add user defined CQI entries. This is important for vendor specific equipment where values are outside of the standards table
- Custom entries allow users to define active/inactive entries
- Addition and updates to CQI table
- 5G Outdoor to Indoor Empirical model
As per 3GPP there are a number of scenarios and propagation models defined in 38.901
All were implemented but the outdoor to indoor, which is now added to the propagation models.
This allows the user to use a 5G model to benchmark and audit the outdoor to indoor scenarios against all equipment vendors and general planning.
- 5G & LTE MIMO UL & DL Configuration
The MIMO table is now fully customizable for all vendor equipment scenarios.
As we see the growth and investment in smart antennas for the latest technology trends, we are also adapting to these changes.
As such we allow the user to define their own MIMO configurations for the antennas and UL/DL parameters
- TDD Submenu and Frame Definition
- A new TDD Submenu has been added to the 5G System parameters GUI
- Under the new TDD Parameter tab we have added the option to add the TDD frame using symbols OR using parameters as per 3GPP
- In addition, we have added the option to add pattern 2. Allowing additional scheduling flexibility where pattern 2 is included in the network.
- SS-SINR study
A new SS-SINR study has been added to the 5G module. This is the secondary synchronization Signal to noise and interference ratio
- RAN Node Tab in System Parameters
A new RANNode Tab is added to the 5G system parameter tab. Bringing more user flexibility to set up per sector settings for 5G NR
- CA aggregation to XL
Carrier Aggregation, a powerful technology that allows the UE maximum throughput allowable and best user experience.
Allowing the operators to make use of all fragmented spectrum, CA becomes an important technology to leverage all purchased spectrum across the multiple bands
Initially introduced with LTE, that quickly became an industry standard. Carrier aggregation is very much needed in 5G to meet promised use cases of data rates, but also to work from low to high band scenarios.
We have added CA in SignalPro, In the new RAN Node workbook under the gNodeB and within the Mobile unit
User can enter the CA combination as per 3GPP format, this then will be used when the system is simulated for CA conditions.
CA studies for aggregation throughput
New CA studies for the aggregated throughput received by UEs at the location they are in. This provides the throughput received at CA conditions for the UEs with CA capabilities
CA on UE GUI
Each UE has its own unique capabilities, dependent on the vendor. One of which is the Carrier aggregation it can work on.
To emulate real network conditions, we have added the CA capabilities on UE devices. Found under the mobile unit, a new entry where user can add the CA combos supported for that UE, for example the CA for Iphone 10 and CA for Samsung S20 in USA vs Asia
Studies for different UE types on CA
New studies have been added to show the different UE types and their CA coverage. This study will provide information of which UEs are able to receive CA in the right condition for higher data rates and which UEs have a better CA coverage over the other.
In the study details user can select the different UE types and new studies to run the heat map comparison
- Per Sector Study; We have released a new feature where area studies can be run per sector and displayed . In addition this allows users using the area studies query by point feature to add meters file. Using this with the per sector studies will produce a CSV report, producing a coverage against meters file to determine meters covered per sector. Thus providing a cost saving analysis.
Along with this KMZ exports
BUG FIXES / OTHER
- Get exception error when doing auto placement from multipoint menu; It was found that in non mesh cases there was an issue which is now resolved
- The meter antenna gain sign is flipped for direct to Tx ; It was found that when running studies for backhaul scenarios some repeaters did not connect, this was resolved
- GUI won’t allow me to use the EDX 2D Ray Model; Recently a new 2D tracing model was released and was found in the Specialized category as well as the Ray-tracing by EDX. The entry in specialized is now removed to avoid confusion
- EDX Update Issue; Last update was being picked up by virus checkers, which stopped SignalPro from being launched. This was fixed and resolved with this release
- Meters improperly deleted when using run-all; It was found under certain cases in Mesh the meters would be deleted at run, this was resolved
- Mesh tool is not accounting for pass through loss; It was found there was a height discrepancy between overall and mount height, this has been corrected and issue is resolved
EARLY ACCESS FEATURES (to enable please contact EDX technical support)
- Cirrus Platform-The new platform provides sophisticated cloud computing for a highly scalable, elastic and significantly faster experience than that of traditional desktop applications. The platform provides many features for streamlining and optimization network designs such as the “replay” function, allowing many studies with different settings simultaneously as well as the ability to compute large regions in a single run, eliminating the need to reset study grids and run multiple studies for one service area.
- Map Download & Sync-This new feature is a lightweight interactive map enabling users to select the region/area of interest inside of SignalPro and automatically download terrain/clutter data from our geospatial hosting service. Save time by no longer having to source, download or convert data from a third party application.
- Clutter Attenuation Files – New attenuation files provided with the Cirrus data service provides values for urban, suburban and rural areas with average heights across these various service areas. This provides a higher level of detail and saves engineering time spent on the backend tuning height values for clutter categories.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
The following articles have been published to the Customer Support portal this month:
- Using Run Statistics to calculate average terrain height
- SignalPro will not launch
- 4g-LTE/5G Settings for b48/n48 CBRS band
- EDX License Startup Flow
- Creating Poles along Streets
- How to use Tile Selector Video
- 5G New features with CA